Exam Portal is an innovative, cost-effective, and locally developed text to speech (TTS) Windows-based program aimed at meeting the needs of learners with reading differences at home and at school. Exam Portal is the only South African TTS assessment program on the market that supports all 11 official South African languages.
Some of the key benefits of using Exam Portal include:
- Easy to navigate.
- Increases the dyslexic student’s ability to pay attention and enhances focus on comprehension instead of relying on sounding out words.
- Promotes independence for learners with reading challenges enabling them to do their own reading related tasks at their own time and pace.
- Schools/learners have the option to select between male and female voice variants for each of the languages.
- Reading speed can be slowed down or sped up according to the learners’ specific needs.
- Allows for typing out answers and notes in-program.
- Students with temporary or permanent physical incapacitation can use the highly accurate speech-to-text (dictation) supported feature for their notes, assessments, and exams.
- Teachers have the ability to create secure timed cycle tests and assessments and link them to specific students who require the relevant accommodation (reading, typing, extra time, etc)
- Exam Portal is approved for use during IEB and uMalusi NSC exams.
Many Exam Portal clients commend the user-friendliness of the program and how it has helped them overcome the inconvenience of having to accommodate learners with reading barriers in separate venues during assessments and exams.
To learn more about Exam Portal, please contact V-Soft Technologies on 011 452 5566 and email@example.com