Talking Stories is an innovative South African reading programme that reflects real life situations in South Africa, affirming the sense of identity and dignity of every young reader. This product will be showcased by Macmillan Education on 9 March 2019 at the Cape Winelands elearning conference/expo.
Talking Stories teaches children to love reading!
64 graded storybooks + Interactive activities + Worksheets + Free support
• Talking Stories can be used on a computer or interactive whiteboard, in the classroom, in the computer lab, on a tablet or on a cell phone.
• 64 graded storybooks for levels 1 to 3 across a variety of genres in English, isiXhosa, Afrikaans and isiZulu.
• Stories are graded for Beginner, Core, Intermediate and Advanced within each level.
• Authentic South African stories with colourful illustrations to stimulate learners’ interests.
• Every story comes with three fun interactive activities that draw on the content of the story.
• The activities are aligned with the language curriculum.
• The activities are designed to give the struggling learner a sense of completion of a task, while at the same time providing extension for the most able learner.
• The activities feature ‘drag-and-drop’ answering and supported typing of the text.
• Animated feedback encourages learners, giving them a sense of achievement.
Printable worksheets related to each story are available for extra practice, homework, classroom activities or assessment.
Talking Stories is easy to use
• Child-friendly design with easy navigation.
• All instructions are sound-based.
• Children listen to a story while following it on the screen, and can listen to the same page again if necessary.
• In the lower level each word is highlighted as the child reads it.
• Children are able to listen to the story in their home language first, to build understanding, and then switch to the language of learning and teaching.
A Single User Licence consists of 64 graded storybooks for levels 1 to 3 in one language for one user.
A Network Licence consists of 64 graded storybooks for levels 1 to 3 in one language for an entire school.
For more information, contact Macmillan Education:
Tel: 011 731 3300